Dwarfs are a fictional species that existed in J.R.R Tolkien's The Hobbit and The Lord of The Rings. They are mentioned to be shorter than average height, and most of them have beards.
Most Dwarfs are skilled Craftsmen, that can craft good weapons and armor, especially one known as Mithril, which is so powerful that it can withstand all melee attacks.
Dwarves are also skilled warriors, the weapon of their choice is mostly an axe.
Known Dwarfs Edit
Important dwarfs include:-
- Durin- The most important of the Dwarf line; perhaps the founder of their kin.
- Thror II- King under the Mountain of Erebor. Found the Arkenstone. Was killed by Azog the Defiler.
- Thorin II Oakenshield- Grandson of Thror. Reclaimed Erebor from Smaug the Golden. Died during the Battle of the Five Armies.
- Kili & Fili- Dwarf brother, nephews of Thorin Oakensheid. Killed protecting Thorin.
- Balin- Part of Thorin's company that set off to reclaim Erebor. Known as a very wise Dwarf. Later became king of Moria. Killed by Goblins in the Mines of Moria.
- Gimli- Son of Gloin the Dwarf. Part of the Fellowship of the Ring. Took part in the War of the Ring.